Secure your WordPress website with Wordfence. WordPress Multi-Site is fully supported by wordfence. our Web Application Firewall stops you from getting hacked. Wordfence Scan leverages the same proprietary feed, alerting you quickly in the event your site is compromised. Our Live Traffic view gives you real-time visibility into traffic and hack attempts on your WordPress website.
Wordfence Security is 100% free and open source.
Wordfence also offer a Premium API key that gives you Premium Support, Country Blocking, Scheduled Scans, Password Auditing, real-time updates to the Threat Defense Feed, two-factor authentication, and Wordfence even check if your website IP address is being used to Spamvertize.
- WordPress firewall
- Blocking features
- WordPress login security
- Security Scanning
- Monitoring Features
- Multi-site WordPress Security
- IPv6 Compatible
- Major Theme and Plugins Supported
- Free Learning Centers
Why to choose wordfence security plugin for your site:-
Wordfence provides constantly updated Threat Defense
Using Wordfence Security you can scan every blog in your network for malware with one click.
WordFence Firewall stops you from getting hacked. Wordfence Scan leverages the same proprietary feed, alerting you quickly in the event your site is compromised
The Live Traffic view gives you real-time visibility into traffic and hack attempts on your website.
Wordfence Security sends security alerts via email. Once you install Wordfence Security, you will configure a list of email addresses where security alerts will be sent. When you receive a security alert, make sure you deal with it promptly to ensure your site stays secure.
Wordfence security provides a WordPress Firewall developed specifically for WordPress and blocks attackers looking for vulnerabilities on your site. The Firewall is powered by our Threat Defense Feed which is continually updated as new threats emerge. Premium customers receive updates in real-time.
Wordfence Security verifies your website source code integrity against the official WordPress repository and shows you the changes.
Wordfence Security scans check all your files, comments and posts for URLs in Google’s Safe Browsing list. We are the only plugin to offer this very important security enhancement.
Wordfence Security scans do not consume large amounts of your bandwidth because all security scans happen on your web server which makes them very fast.
Wordfence Security fully supports WordPress Multi-Site which means you can security scan every blog in your Multi-Site installation with one click.
Wordfence Security includes Two-Factor authentication, the most secure way to stop brute force attackers in their tracks.
Wordfence Security fully supports IPv6 including giving you the ability to look up the location of IPv6 addresses, block IPv6 ranges, detect IPv6 country and do a whois lookup on IPv6 addresses and more.
Wordfence Security is extremely fast and uses techniques like caching its own configuration data to avoid database lookups and blocking malicious attacks that would slow down your site.
Secure your website using the following steps to install Wordfence:
- Install Wordfence Security automatically or by uploading the ZIP file.
- Activate the security plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Wordfence WordPress Security is now activated. Go to the scan menu and start your first security scan. Scheduled security scanning will also be enabled.
- Once your first scan has completed a list of security threats will appear. Go through them one by one to secure your site.
- Visit the Wordfence Security options page to enter your email address so that you can receive email security alerts.
- Optionally change your security level or adjust the advanced options to set individual security scanning and protection options for your site.
- Click the “Live Traffic” menu option to watch your site activity in real-time. Situational awareness is an important part of website security.
To install the Wordfence WordPress security plugin on WordPress Multi-Site installations:
- Install Wordfence Security via the plugin directory or by uploading the ZIP file.
- Network Activate Wordfence Security. This step is important because until you network activate it, your sites will see the plugin option on their plugins menu. Once activated that option dissapears.
- Now that Wordfence is network activated it will appear on your Network Admin menu. Wordfence Security will not appear on any individual site’s menu.
- Go to the “Scan” menu and start your first security scan.
- Wordfence Security will do a security scan of all files in your WordPress installation including those in the blogs.dir directory of your individual sites.
- Live Traffic will appear for ALL sites in your network. If you have a heavily trafficked system you may want to disable live traffic which will stop logging to the DB.
- Firewall rules and login rules apply to the WHOLE system. So if you fail a login on site1.example.com and site2.example.com it counts as 2 failures. Crawler traffic is counted between blogs, so if you hit three sites in the network, all the hits are totalled and that counts as the rate you’re accessing the system.
- This plugin works only on 3.9 or higher versions
- This plugin is compatible up to: 4.7.3
Reviews & Download
For reviews and downloads, please visit the original site: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/